Monday, May 30, 2016

Memorial Day 2016

On this Day, to honor all the brave who served
without much thought of the great risk for
protecting those left at home, we hallow this Day.

My good friend Duncan sent me the following.
Thank you for your Service.
Thanks Pal.
Thanks.
__________________________________________________________________________
Poetry Corner

It's Memorial Day on Monday, so a little something to honor those that fought, some that
were injured and some that died.

Here dead we lie, by A. E. Housman

Here dead we lie
Because we did not choose
To live and shame the land
From which we sprung.
Life, to be sure, 
Is nothing much to lose,
But young men think it is,
And we were Young

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for this post, Sol! Great to see you still blogging away. I hope you are well, as I still re-tell your story to my friends and family (especially today). Thank you for your service!

-Matt O'Rourke
(now former) Republican-American reporter

solfine said...

Thank you Matt for your leaving your
much appreciated Comment the news of your
recent good fortune.
My special thanks to you for putting me on this
great merry go round and riding with my fine readers
and friends.
Thank you and Good Luck.
Solomon

Pat Tillett said...

This is a great poem (and is so true).
Thanks for posting it Sol.

solfine said...

Thank you Pat,
Welcome and how great to hear from you again.
Yes it is a wonderful poem, brief and right to the Point.
Say a lot with few words.... It sez it all.
I think we get the gist of It a little better as we age.
Solomon